Purpose of this Course
You will be equipped with the right knowledge and skills to be able to respond correctly in an emergency situation. This knowledge can mean the difference between life and death. We really want to encourage you to take the time to learn CPR and Basic First Aid. You never know when you will need it!
To empower you with knowledge and practical skills needed to assess an emergency situation and to develop on a plan of action. You will learn how to keep a child/infant alive while waiting for the emergency services and will also learn how to deal with minor incidents/emergencies.
Parents, Grandparents, Nannies and anyone responsible for the care of children and infants between the ages of 0 and 7 years.
1. How to alert the Emergency Services
2. CPR, Choking and Drowning
3. Management of Shock
4. Bleeding and Wounds
5. Burn Wounds and Fractures
6. Head Injuries (concussion)
7. Poisoning and Insect Bites
8. High Fever (febrile convulsions)
10. Content of a First Aid Kit
This course can be presented at your house for a minimum of 6 people.
- Total Duration: 6 hours
- Entry Requirement: None
- Language: Afrikaans & English
- Certificate of Attendance issued, retraining recommended after 2 years.