Purpose of this Course
To enable staff members and companies to carry out tasks of a First Aider within the workplace according to the requirements of the OHS Act 85 of 1993.
General Employees, Individuals, Tourist Guides, Teachers.
1. Emergency Scene Management
2. The Primary Survey
3. Management of Shock
4. The Medical Casualty
- CPR for Adult Casualties (2010 Guidelines)
- Choking for Adults
- Unconscious and Fainting
- Breathing Emergencies
- Heart Attack
5. The Trauma Casualty
- Burn Wounds
- Head and Spinal Injuries
The content of this course complies with the guidelines of the Department of Labour, plus elective modules customised to meet the needs of the workplace.
- Training: 16 hours
- Evaluation: 2 hours
- Total: 18 hours (over 2 days)
- Training: 50% Theory & 50% Practical
- Evaluation: 30% Theory & 70% Practical
- Competency in CPR is compulsory
- Entry Requirement: None
- Language: Afrikaans & English
- Certificate: ID Card & Certificate of Competence (valid 3 years)
Please note: If you are interested in attending a First Aid Level 1 Refresher Course, your current First Aid Level 1 Certificate must still be valid. The duration of the Refresher Course is one full day.